Monday, March 27, 2006

monkeyguts

Firstly, thanks everybody for posting sofar! This is great, I haven;t had a chance to comment around but will do so tomorrow. Here's what I came up with,



I started out with some bad jellyfish drawings that looked like eric cartman (that you don't get to see) and then I got to these. I did some versions of the jellyfish with and without a shell (much sadder without). He started looking alot like a Dragon Warrior cureslime, but I was okay with that. It would be good to put some more work into him to make him different, like if I had some real jellyfish reference. Other than that there's a beginning to Rin Jin. I imagined him as having the power to transform between human and dragon forms, so as a humanoid I have him some mild eastern ogre features. I didn't spend much time on his dragon form.



Here's a beginning for a stoic looking Dragon Queen. I really liked her little horns and hair (it's starting to look like queen amidala, sort of). I started giving her this royal tank top / kimono outfit, which I should do a full version of. After drawing the serious face I tried doing some more relaxed expressions with mixed results. In the really light lines to the bottom left are some monkey roughs, one holding a sandwich.



This is the most developed of the drawings I did. I ended up thinking of Kurage's shell like a helmet (I wanted to draw some eyes on top, as if they were painted on or something. It would look pretty funny I think). This drawing was great until I realized that the scale relationship between Kurage and the monkey would make for a very uncomfortable swim (the monkey is huge!). Despite his size, he is still bedazzled by Kurage's tellings of Rin Jin's palace. The end! Thanks again!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

i think we struck some common ground with a sad jellyfish!

very excellent sketches!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Haha, I love how retarted that monkey looks.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Excellent crying jellyfish as well.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home