Tuesday, March 28, 2006

This week's Debacle: Skulls in the Stars

This week's debacle is Robert E. Howard's Skulls in the Stars. This story features Howard's character Solomon Kane, the wandering Puritan swordsman. To let you know in case you didn't, Howard invented Conan the Barbarian and was a contemporary of H. P. Lovecraft. I think these stories are pretty exciting. Skulls in the Stars is online here, but I'd recommend checking out some more Solomon Kane stories or Howard from the library. I'm going to read and probably post some Conan stuff eventually, which I can scan if needs be. Get to the reading and drawing. Later!

And as an edit to this post, I found a bunch more Robert E. Howard on the arthursclassicnovels site the one story is hosted on. If your're feeling fancy also check out The Hills of the Dead or The Valley of the Worm (I haven't read this one and I don't think it's a Solomon Kane story, but with a title like that it has to be awesome).

3 Comments:

Blogger :: smo :: said...

i remember we talked about this guy while we were in the strand! i'm excited to read this one!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

yeah man, I'm going to try to read some Conan this week too so I can post some in the future. Howard is awesome because I haven't read anyone who can do better visceral edge of the seat action. If we want some violence to draw in the meantime next week, maybe I'll suggest the battle of the Centaurs and Lapiths from Metamorphoses... it's so gory!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

I kept thinking of the beast as a Zelda villain and wanted to scream, shoot him in the eyes with the light bow!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home