Sunday, March 12, 2006

Response Challenge no.1: Mum's the word.

 Mummy Crocodile

Mummy Ibis

old school carrion crawler!


Here's what I've come up with so far. I'm beat now but I want to do more, possibly tomorrow. The crocodile mummy was fun (I enjoy crocodilians). I spent alot less time on the ibis mummy, but I liked it's missing lower jaw. I had some plans for a mummy jackal and rhino, and wanted to start an elephant but got tied up with other things.

But as a special bonus, here's a carrion crawler too! In case you don't know, the carrion crawler is a monster from Dungeons and Dragons that feeds on the dead. It's like a giant caterpillar (the larval form of some weird monster?) It's tentacles have the power to paralyze living prey. I gave this one a very squid / cthulhu head. It's a little more loyal to the original monster. I think for the newer rulebooks it looks more beetle-ish and has almost a snail face. Fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing everbody's stuff. I'll be checking through my bookshelf for a new challenge. I'm thinking we'll try something myth related this week. Later!

3 Comments:

Blogger :: smo :: said...

it's hard posting my CRAP after your AWESOME! good stuff pj!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

very rad!!!! you should apply for development at retro or blizzard.

sorry, i'm a bit behind, i just finished the story on the bus this morning. i'll hopefully have some drawings up by the end of the week. . .

9:52 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

This totally rocks! You totally rock! You are an inspiration to the company.

12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home